Sunday, April 12, 2015

Introductions Are In Order

Greetings,

And welcome to Optional Analysis. I guess I should take a minute to let you know who I am and what this blog is about. If you weren't informed already this is a very video game and entertainment-centric blog and news site. My name is Hayes Madsen, and right now I work as a video game and freelance journalist..... in training. I'm in the midst of getting my Bachelors degree for ...well its a bit wordy  but, Convergent Journalism with a minor in Digital Media. I have worked in the industry briefly for a few years now. However, I'm not here to tell you all about my history and past work and whatnot.

I'm here to invite you on a journey. A journey with me into the midst of the video game industry and the wonderful pieces of art that we call video games and the industry and culture that surround them. So on that note, what is Optional Analysis?

Optional Analysis is an idea, a way of thinking, a way of analyzing. Optional Analysis is the way that I approach my work and my career, it's my 'brand' if you will. What this means is that for everything we experience, games and entertainment, there's more than one side to them. For everything you encounter, there's some way that you can dig deeper, some way that you can find another meaning or another idea in it.

Basically, every game you play and movie you watch has an optional analysis to it. That's what I'm here to do, analyze and make my way through video games and the industry. Of course I'm still learning, every day. I also have a want to talk about more than video games and that industry so you may see me commenting on may things. Social issues, politics, entertainment.

Optional Analysis is the brand to carry me through the things that I do in my life whatever that may be. And so, I invite you to join me. I want to share what I learn with you, for our mutual benefit. I hope that any and all that want to, can partake in what I find. I invite you to comment with me, and discuss with me about whatever you feel like. All I ask is that we keep the conversation respectful, other than that everything is fair game. Over time if you choose to stick with me, you'll find out plenty about where I am and what I do so I don't need to explain that know.

Honestly, I do hope that there are those of you who want to join me in this growing experience. Welcome.

With Highest Regards,
Hayes Madsen

No comments: