Thursday, September 10, 2015

Expanding My Horizons

Salutations one and all. I wanted to take a moment and let everyone know about some special things happening in the future for me. I've recently signed on as a writer with two new outlets. I'd like to tell everyone about these, and hope that you'll take a look and follow my work. In addition, this certainly doesn't mean an end to Optional Analysis. This blog may just change a little bit. Let's go through these in order.

Twinfinite.net- First up, is the gaming site Twinfinite. Maybe some of you have heard of it in the past. I'm not on-board with the site as a reporter/writer. Much of what I'm doing will be news based, but Twinfinite is special because of their feature approach to gaming. If you haven't checked out the site already, I would recommend it. Twinfinite is all about keeping things fun and interesting, highlighting positivity within the realm of gaming. They have original video content, and a special category called Featurama. I'm really looking forward to working with them.

Metrosphere- The Metrosphere is the literary and arts magazine for the university I attend, Metropolitan State University of Denver. This will be a bit of a different focus for me, but I'm excited about what I can do with it. My work here of course is going to be focusing on the arts. I'll be attending events throughout the school year and writing about them, as well as I'll be profiling a lot of individuals. For the magazine itself I'll be covering professors at the university and online with the blog I'll be starting a series I like to call "People of the City". In this series I'll be interviewing and profiling people around the city of Denver. Everyone and everyone, the point of this is going to be to illuminate the people that make up the city. Highlight the vast array of things happening, and how easy it is for all of us to overlook others.

Optional Analysis- Yep, this blog is still going strong. However, it may slow down if I'm being completely honest. Of course at this point it's become a much more critical and thoughtful platform and it will remain so. I'm going to make an effort to post my commentary on something at least twice a month, and because I'm an official member of the games press again I may be highlighting some interesting upcoming games on here as well. Things that might normally not make their way to the big headlines, but one's that I feel deserve a chance in the spotlight. These could be anything: indie games, AAA, kickstarted games, mobile games, anything.

It's a lot going on admittedly, and I'm going to be swamped for the foreseeable future. But for anyone who want's to join me in everything I really look forward to it. There's a lot to talk about and dissect within gaming and I hope everyone helps me on that fascinating journey.

No comments: